Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Edge :: Elena :: Dragon Nest

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

KoRupT's Mercenary Info & Guide Megathread v.01

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
KoRupT
KoRupT

KoRupT's Mercenary Info & Guide Megathread v.01 Empty
PostSubject: KoRupT's Mercenary Info & Guide Megathread v.01   KoRupT's Mercenary Info & Guide Megathread v.01 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 8:54 pm

Because I've decided to cease activity (mostly) during the weekdays due to school, I may not be able to answer your Mercenary/Warrior related questions right away; which is why I've decided to dedicate an entire thread to answering any and all questions, debunking myths, clarifying information, etc. Over time I will also be compiling more and more information and hopefully be maintaining this thread. Now, without further ado, I bring you our first section...

PVP BASICS & FAQ (for Mercenaries)

The questions here will be regarding PVP, obviously. I'll start off with some reference videos for you to bask in its glory. One player I've learned quite a bit off of simply watching is a player named GENeralDAN of Velskud. Wall-bouncing and other basics are easily picked up by watching him play.

The first two are GENeralDAN gameplay, last two are hammer Mercenary guides (axe Mercenaries need not apply; axes are self explanatory for combos). There are a lot more videos out there, but these can help you jump start your basic knowledge.

Questions

Q: This one's a huge one: Axe or Hammer?

A: It's quite honestly personal preference. I can do great with a hammer, I can do great with an axe as well. General rule of thumb is that axes are leaps and bounds easier than hammers, which is true: translating to axes normally winning over hammers. While this isn't 100% accurate (player skill matters immensely) two Mercenaries of the same skill level in a scenario where one plays with an axe and the other a hammer; the axe user will usually win only because the basic attack chaining is so simplistic. My personal opinion is that hammers generally make you a better player than an axe ever would. TL;DR Axe is easy mode, hammer is for more experience, master race players. Yes, I am biased.

Q: How does one get so good at PVP such as yourself, KoRupT?

A: Oh please, you're making me blush.

Q: No, seriously, how?

A: Persistent, steady practice. Studying other Mercenaries' play styles, and even other classes'. A huge tip is also learning how to chain your basic attacks with your skills; without this your combos will end up flat within 10~20 seconds: guaranteed. Wall bounces, combo openers, and taking advantage of iFrames (invincibility frames) are all vital to your growth and competence as a PVPer.

Q: What's your skill build/what skills do you use?

A: This will be done upon request in case anyone is actually curious, if not, I'll keep this to myself.

Last edited by KoRupT on Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:34 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://edge.forumakers.com
KoRupT
KoRupT

PostSubject: Re: KoRupT's Mercenary Info & Guide Megathread v.01   KoRupT's Mercenary Info & Guide Megathread v.01 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 8:55 pm

Q: Are you going Destroyer or Barbarian?

A: Destroyer. The difference between the two, you might ask? In my opinion Destroyers are much more PVP oriented with their "Maelstrom Howl" skill, whereas Barbarians are PVE oriented. However, I do not doubt the Barbarian's potential in PVP either, as they both branch from the Mercenary class.

Q: Ultimates: Axe Tornado or Gigantic Bomber, how are you going Destroyer if you use Axe Tornado?

A: I refuse to call them by their North American names. Again, in my opinion Axe Tornado > Gigantic Bomber both PVP and PVE-wise. Axe Tornado is a continous iFrame throughout the skill duration, near instant cast, and has potential to deal more damage with a Critical build. Gigantic Bomber on the other hand is slow to cast; while casting the player also has negligibly low super armor, and the damage output is simply paled in comparison to Axe Tornado. Just my two cents. I will be going Destroyer with Axe Tornado through the duo-ultimate patch coming to our version; will elaborate upon request.

WILL BE ADDING MORE IN THE FUTURE, REMEMBER TO ASK ME QUESTIONS. YOUR QUESTIONS GIVE ME STRENGTH.

Last edited by KoRupT on Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:17 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
KoRupT
KoRupT

PostSubject: Re: KoRupT's Mercenary Info & Guide Megathread v.01   KoRupT's Mercenary Info & Guide Megathread v.01 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 8:55 pm

reserved
Back to top Go down
Callyxis
Admin
Admin
Callyxis

PostSubject: Re: KoRupT's Mercenary Info & Guide Megathread v.01   KoRupT's Mercenary Info & Guide Megathread v.01 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 11:02 pm

I wanted to troll but who am I kidding,you're darn good if I do say so myself?

My question,which am not sure if you answered or if I asked..would you like me to start making vids while you play yes or no?(Actually.. I think I did ask before).
Back to top Go down
KoRupT
KoRupT

PostSubject: Re: KoRupT's Mercenary Info & Guide Megathread v.01   KoRupT's Mercenary Info & Guide Megathread v.01 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 11:14 pm

Callyxis wrote:
I wanted to troll but who am I kidding,you're darn good if I do say so myself?

My question,which am not sure if you answered or if I asked..would you like me to start making vids while you play yes or no?(Actually.. I think I did ask before).

I'd like that very much, yes.

wolololololo
Back to top Go down
Callyxis
Admin
Admin
Callyxis

PostSubject: Re: KoRupT's Mercenary Info & Guide Megathread v.01   KoRupT's Mercenary Info & Guide Megathread v.01 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 5:18 am

Alright,well first off we're gonna have to work out some sorta schedule,lets think on that for a bit,thinking weelends would be ideal no school for you and that way you can chill a bit. We can talk some more about this later on.
Back to top Go down
KoRupT
KoRupT

PostSubject: Re: KoRupT's Mercenary Info & Guide Megathread v.01   KoRupT's Mercenary Info & Guide Megathread v.01 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 7:43 pm

Callyxis wrote:
Alright,well first off we're gonna have to work out some sorta schedule,lets think on that for a bit,thinking weelends would be ideal no school for you and that way you can chill a bit. We can talk some more about this later on.

Sounds ideal, I look forward to it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KoRupT's Mercenary Info & Guide Megathread v.01   KoRupT's Mercenary Info & Guide Megathread v.01 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KoRupT's Mercenary Info & Guide Megathread v.01
Page 1 of 1