Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Edge :: Elena :: Dragon Nest

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ice Elementalists Build (I'm not so sure of it)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
billybouy
billybouy

Ice Elementalists Build (I'm not so sure of it) Empty
PostSubject: Ice Elementalists Build (I'm not so sure of it)   Ice Elementalists Build (I'm not so sure of it) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 4:06 pm

I haven't played much, but I'll give it my best try.

http://dnarmory.com/skill-calc?i=3-17-36-40#j9EsBvt9PF8IGmwLvd

It might be garbage idk >.>
Back to top Go down
DinsFlame
Forum Greenhorn
Forum Greenhorn
DinsFlame

PostSubject: Re: Ice Elementalists Build (I'm not so sure of it)   Ice Elementalists Build (I'm not so sure of it) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 10:16 pm

Now, I'm no ice Ele, but a few things:

The only change I would personally definitely change is the glacial spike level.
Even as an Ice Ele you should get glacial spike to it's max freeze chance, which is at level 13.
Glacial spike is still very important, and will also benefit from any ice %.
As for where you'd get the points? Probably drop toxic spray. Some people like it a lot for PvP or whatever, but as an ele, I wouldn't really bother.
I'd put one point in it for utility (stopping enemies, breaking things, etc.), but unless it's at 12 for the third pool, there's no reason to have it above 1.
The left over sorc points could be put into Health bolster for a couple % more hp, and maybe a few shockwave levels with whatever is left.

As for the ele skills, this seems a common enough hybrid build. Hot Rod is a good skill, but it's up to each individual to decide whether it's worth all the sp to get it.
Honestly, if you're going to get Hot Rod and level it to 3, you'd probably be better off getting Volcanic Vortex over Frozen Fury at this cap. Get that reskill at 45 once you go Ice Witch anyway.
So, the alternative I see sometimes is to not spend all the SP getting Hot Rod: with Ice shield, you definitely don't need fire shield, and can also drop firewall (although I do enjoy it on my fire ele). This gives you more SP to beef up your Ice skills; probably leave fireball at 1 since it doesn't scale all that well unless you really pump it. If you were going to keep Inferno, which I could go either way on, it would probably be worth getting that to 7 for the range increase. Otherwise, probably don't bother. Flame spark could definitely be considered, even just one point for utility. Low CD and pretty good damage.

If you wanted me to actually make a few potential builds I could post them here.

TL;DR - GLACIAL SPIKE LVL 13!

Back to top Go down
Callyxis
Admin
Admin
Callyxis

PostSubject: Re: Ice Elementalists Build (I'm not so sure of it)   Ice Elementalists Build (I'm not so sure of it) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 7:09 am

I think it would be ideal to post a few experimental builds. Go for it Smile
Back to top Go down
DinsFlame
Forum Greenhorn
Forum Greenhorn
DinsFlame

PostSubject: Re: Ice Elementalists Build (I'm not so sure of it)   Ice Elementalists Build (I'm not so sure of it) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 2:03 pm

Ok, here goes:
There's a lot of options here. Still not sure which I'd use myself if I were to make an ice ele.
NOTE: Don't just pick a build! You need to play as an ele and use the skills before you can really judge what build you'd find most comfortable and effective.

Most in keeping with the original posted build:
http://dnarmory.com/skill-calc?i=3-17-36-40#hRBNoy-k5OhergLg3d
As I stated, dropped the lvl 12 Toxic Spray to lvl 1, glacial spike up to 13; extra points went to maxing health bolster and attuned mind, with the leftovers put into shockwave, sitting at exactly 150 points; I feel like this is probably the best way to use the sorc points for any ele. (There is some leeway though, if you wanted to reallocate some of the shockwave points to something, idk what else you'd really want though)
As for the Ele skill tree: As I stated, if you're getting hot rod all the way to level 3, i personally think you're better off getting volcanic vortex over frozen fury. (Even as an 'ice' ele)
It's damage is definitely better, although frozen fury is definitely good in its own way, with the freezing. Also added Hellfire, which wasn't in the original build for some reason: it's free, and you've got a good deal of fire skills in the build. I took two points out of shatter, I think the points could probably be better used elsewhere. I put them into Icy shards instead, but they could be put elsewhere, depending on preference. So this is really more of a hybrid build, definitely one that would work. Lots of skills to use, kind of a jack-of-all-trades I guess.

Potential Changes to the above, but still similar: drop VV for Frozen Fury, and lower hot rod down to 1, put the points into probably frozen spikes, or wherever else you'd like.

Personally, if I wanted to be an Ice Ele, I would focus much more on the ice; beef up the ice skills rather than having a ton of skills.
Again, there's lots of little changes to be made depending on preference; I'll post one more build here, but there's still a lot of changes you could make.
http://dnarmory.com/skill-calc?i=3-17-36-40#oCYulQCZvtLp94eg3d
So here you can see we dropped hot rod; it's a great skill, for sure, but as an ice ele, it requires a lot of sp to unlock. Without Hot Rod, there is absolutely no need to waste the points on Fire Shield, as Ice Shield is superior.
As far as the Ice tree, shatter I once again left at 1. The freed up points from the fire side were used to max Icy shards and Frozen Spikes, and to pump up Icy Gust. These are the skills you'll be using most as an Ice Ele, so their levels should reflect that; it'll increase their damage significantly. I wouldn't recommend putting points into Ice Cold Field, I don't think those points get you much.

So three skills left in the fire tree to consider; DEFINITELY get fireball. Definitely. Absolutely no reason not to. You only need one point in it, the scaling isn't good unless you intend to pump it higher. In the build I posted, I opted to get inferno level 7. Why level 7? At level 7 inferno's range increases significantly. I like this skill, so i opted to get the increased range; it's very noticeable. If you find you're not using inferno much, however, you'd be better off either dropping it entirely, or putting it at 3 if you want Firewall.
So Firewall; I found it hard to decide on this one. I wouldn't put more than one level into it, by I find it useful as an ele. Takes some time to cast, but decent damage. Definitely has its uses. Great in PvE while running dungeons; i like to blink into a group, cast glacial freeze, and follow it with fire wall. Also good to use in some situations in PvP; best if you have someone frozen and use it right before they thaw. If you want firewall, you can sacrifice a few levels in Icy Gust to get it, OR if you'd prefer, you can drop inferno a few levels. So I'd recommend trying out firewall and seeing how often you use it before deciding; that's what free reskills are for. If you opt not to get firewall, and aren't a huge fan of inferno, you can drop inferno entirely. If you choose to do this, I'd recommend putting all of the points into maxing fireball, you'll definitely notice the difference.

Well that was a lot of writing.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask me, I'll answer what I can.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ice Elementalists Build (I'm not so sure of it)   Ice Elementalists Build (I'm not so sure of it) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ice Elementalists Build (I'm not so sure of it)
Page 1 of 1